The property comprises a detached, Grade II listed building constructed in 1800-1802 of ashlar in a Greek Revival Style, with four pilaster Ionic columns. The property is arranged over basement, ground and two upper floors plus a mezzanine. The property underwent comprehensive modernisation and was extended at roof level between 1988 and 1989.
Halifax Bank previously traded from the ground floor, comprising a large regular shaped banking area, meeting rooms, cashiers counter and with ancillary space at the rear. The first floor was used for offices and meeting rooms, together with staff training facilities, kitchen and designated staff room.