Property facts for Morland Hall Estate, Penrith
Morland Hall was built in 1861 as a private residence for Francis Atkinson, one of the leading Westmorland figures of the time. Unusually, it was constructed in brick brought from Lancaster rather than local stone. Completed in 1861 Morland Hall was always about prestige. Its early life was one of luxury serving as a country house for local gentry until WWII. The outstanding building was abandoned after a short spell as a red cross hospital in 1945 at which point the roof slate was sold. The subsequently decline was rapid and considerable and the house was a ruin, lost in rubble and foliage with no upper floors and substantial trees growing out of the former dining room.
The property was then purchased in 1999 and over the ensuing 4 years the buildings were completely refurbished, winning a conservation design award in the process. The properties are well insulated, double glazed and were equipped to a high standard offering a total of 21 beautifully appointed bedrooms, together with an outdoor swimming pool, jacuzzi hot-tub and gym, set in 15 acres of an ancient woods and parkland. The property also benefits from a fitness room, a separate office and self-contained accommodation for an on-site caretaker.
This hospitality building for sale is located in CA10.
Search for all available commercial properties for sale in CA10View the performance or update the listing in CoStar