St john’s church was constructed in the 1860’s, designed by the manchester architect, j medland taylor, and opened in 1866. the property is grade ii listed and is of snecked stone construction under a green and blue decorative slate roof.
The church is predominantly single-storey, having a particularly attractive nave formed by tall chamfered arches, supported by stone columns with attractive capitals.
The nave has been shortened during the 1990’s due to the rear gallery being blocked up and in so, creating a parish hall and first floor upper hall occupying the western end of the church.
The church features some wonderful geometric tracery windows and some excellent stained glass, some by abbott & co.
The church also incorporates a kitchen, a steep clock tower, male and female washrooms and partial cellars and extends to approximately 8,559 sq ft gia.
More building details
Less building details
Property facts for St Johns Church, Altrincham
Victorian Grade II listed church. In all extending to approximately 0.566 of an acre.
Disclaimer. Property descriptions, images and related information displayed on this page are based on marketing materials found on the website registered to Fisher German LLP. Realla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Fisher German LLP for full details and further information.